Saturday, November 27, 2010

A Wedding

This afternoon, my husband and I had the privilege of witnessing a miracle.  A wedding. 

I personally think all marriages are miraculous but this particular wedding was actually the second time for this couple and so for me, I claim it as a bona fide miracle.  I don't know their story or why their first marriage to each other failed, but today was a true celebration of reconciliation, forgiveness, and hope.

As the pastor closed his prayer of thankfulness for this couple, he finished with the usual "in Jesus' name."  The groom echoed him with emphasis on that phrase, testifying to all of us that he knew by what power this miracle was occurring. 

Life happens.  We are a broken people and we all have broken others' hearts. Today, I loved seeing what can happen if we submit to His plan.  The bride and groom's joy was contagious - their family was whole.

"Remain in my love. I have told you this so that my joy may be in you and that your joy may be complete." John 15:9, 11

No comments:

Post a Comment